Wednesday 5 November 2014

Digipak Covers

Digipack Covers

I have researched different types of Digipaks and chosen a few that I think are similar to the kind of Digipak I intend on creating.
I like this example of a back cover as it has incorporated an image of the band performing. It has also included quotes about the songs as well as a background of the album in order to attract an audience before they hear the songs. I really like the lighting on this cover which you can see has been changed through the editing process. I think this is really effective as it catches your eye and gives you all the information you need about the album.

This Digipak is a good example of one which I would create as it has the main artist on the front cover with his guitar, very similar to mine and I like the idea of having photos of people from the video on one cover. In my video this could be images of the girl to further represent his obsession with her. I don't like the font used on this album as it is not clear to read which takes away the attraction from the cover.
I really like the shadows and reflection used on this album cover. It's as if he's looking back at himself. I think the colours are a little bit bland and therefore, will not appeal to an audience as quickly. The costume of the artist looks very smart which tells the audience about the style of the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment