Wednesday 10 December 2014

Digipak Front Cover

Digipak Front Cover

This was my initial attempt for my digipak cover. I used this as a basic outline to develop it further into something more appealing to an audience. I chose a black background as I thought this would make him stand out as an individual artist more. Also, the orange text was chosen to link in with the theme of fire which is significant in the title 'Fire in your eyes'. I masked the image in after effects to make it look like he is sitting down at a performance. Also I thought it fit in well on the side of the cover. I went for quite a simple design on the cover as I think sometimes you can get more from something simple. 
After some thinking about it, I decided that it was too simple and wasn't a good reflection of my artist, therefore i developed it by adding a texture to the gradient fill and researched fonts that would suit my artists style of music. I also used the 'inner glow' effect to create the look of fire in the text. I increased the size of his name to make it stand out as the name Flynn is not overly memorable even though I think it's a name that reflects him well. I have also added a colour correction to the image of him in order to make him look less plain and so he now fits in with the theme of the album too. 
This was a screen shot from my preparations half way through my digipak where I thought it would be a good idea to have one image of fire to represent the theme of my album and also I put one of his photos in a spotlight to make him stand out as the star. The texture on my front cover I was told would look better if there was the same texture on the back cover so I have recently added it in. Lastly, some feedback I was given so far was that on the front cover, it looks like his legs are missing so I used a tool to blend the black in to make it look like he's just covered as opposed to had his legs taken off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment